Friday 9 December 2011

Hair Again

So I was happier with the look of my model and the major problem for me was the hair not looking very realistic and so I tried a couple of techniques so improve it - firstly the hair and fur modifier put directly onto the head model. This I found quite tricky to gage what shape my hair would take if I had had an electric shock!


 I then came across a couple of youtube videos displaying hair spline cages used in conjunction with the cloth modifier to create an animated hair style. Unfortunately although I could find plenty of examples of great hair on 3d models I couldn't find any tutorials to help me out. Instead I had a go at trying for myself.

I managed at least to create a flannel on the head look!

I then cam across a blog that suggested attaching the cloth modifier to the actual spline cage itself. It said to create a copy and manipulate it this way and then use skin mapping to allow it to affect the original spline cage.


The main issue with this was that that was all the blog said and I got stuck at this stage. I managed to create a nice flow within the copied spline cage when simulating locally although when it came to skin mapping I got very lost! I hope to carry on with this model and get it to a better stage, since after working within the Finchingfield project I have found an enjoyment in organic modeling!



No comments:

Post a Comment