Friday 9 December 2011

Using Morpher

To use morpher with my hair spline cage in the scene kept causing 3DS Max to crash and so I deleted my hair and created 3 copies of my head model and using the morpher modifier on the original head I was able to create three different movements on the face. I opted for an open mouth, raised eyebrows and an attempt at a smile. Unfortunately just before I turned my original model into an editable poly, I forgot to reselect the turbo smooth option and unfortunately the short animation I ended up with has lost the lifelike feel. However I am pleased with this experiment with morhper and hope to redo it using the turbo smooth and sorting out the other problems with the movements.

One issue to mention is that when rendering the final submission with the hair in view the render does take a very long time. I have had to resort to rendering my final image without hair due to the length of time it takes, please see earlier blog posts for rendered pictures with the hair!

Unfortunately I no longer have the Original images, please refer to my previous hand in, Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment