Friday 21 October 2011

The Face


Face

To reduce the amount of polygons on my face I went into edge selection in the edit poly mode and selected edges that weren’t integral to the whole model, ones such as extra polygons on the forehead and cheek areas. I avoided the detailed areas of the nose and eye due to potentially problematic repercussions of my editing. I selected certain edges I was sure wouldn’t cause a problem if they were to be removed, selected ‘ring’ or ‘loop’ depending which contour they followed, which then selected corresponding edges from the same loop and ‘collapsed’ these. This made my model significantly simpler, although ideally if I was creating this model in my own time I think I may have revisited my original topology and started out with a simpler polygon model.

Lips

Creating the lips was pretty straightforward as far as 3D modeling can be as I just selected the edges surrounding the circumference of the mouth (where the lips would connect to the face) and holding down the shift key in select and move I created a new set of polygons that I could then move and manipulate. I did this twice for both the top and bottom lip so that I could create the correct shape for each lip, rounding them into position.



Eyelids

For the eyelids I used the same technique as the lips, holding shift and creating new polygons from the edge of the eyes, ensuring I was lining them up with both the front and profile reference planes.

The only tricky bit that occurred (as happened with the lips also) was connecting the corners, trying not to create an overlap with any of the vertices.






No comments:

Post a Comment