Monday 17 October 2011

From 2D to Something Resembling 3D...

Phantom of the Opera?

As continued from my previous post, I started with a flat editable poly of the side of my face that looked like this;


Moving the vertices like this for me was a bit like feeling in the dark. The first column worked well and I lined up all of the vertices onto the edges of my profile image. Moving onto the further columns I found more taxing due to not really knowing for sure where to place the vertices, especially round the more detailed areas such as the eye, nose and lips.






Due to my unsure placement of the vertices, my original manipulations made my face rather elongated and stretched out. I had not accounted for how much of my face could be seen on the front view. I looked at my abnormally stretched object and realised that in the front view I could only actually see to near my cheekbone, whereas I had moved the vertices to include the side of my face up to my ear as you can see below.

It is obvious that my placement of the vertices are too far stretched towards the ear as the eye is completely out of place and nowhere near where it should be! Time for some more manipulation!





No comments:

Post a Comment